AFAR College of Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
In order to ensure that all AFAR members are well exposed to all areas of Forensics and promote specialization, the following Certifications are modular programmes in which members can study and sit for examinations and be certified. Each certification programme cost $250 for AFAR members and $500 for non-AFAR members.. They are modules that consist of 120 objectives and sub-objective questions which must be passed at 75% before the award of relevant Certificates. All candidates for the AFAR’s Modular Certifications who are AFAR members must be in good financial standing in any of the membership categories and there is no exemption from any of the module of the examinations for would-be candidates.
We encourage all our members to specialize in one or more areas of Forensic, the following are the Single Subject Certification that is available for members. This means one must be a member of AFAR at any category before he or she can be allowed to take AFAR Certification programme.
- Certified Forensic Accountant (CFAt)
- Certified Forensic Auditor (CFAr)
- Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI)
- Certified Forensic Tax Auditor (CFTA)
- Certified Forensic Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (CFAMI)
- Certified Digital Forensic Accountant (CDFA)
- Certified Forensic Researcher (CFR)
Above certifications counts towards Postgraduate Degrees (PGD, MSc or PhD in related courses) of AFAR’s affiliate Universities.
List of Recommended Books for AFAR Certificationsi. Oyedokun, G. E. (2017). Compendium of writings in forensic accounting & fraud examination. Lagos, Nigeria. ASCO Publishers. ISBN: 978-978-55513-7-2
ii. Oyedokun, G. E. (2017). Practical approach to information & communication technology. Lagos, Nigeria ASCO Publishers. ISBN: 978-978-56462-6-9
iii. Oyedokun, G. E. (2018). Fundamentals of forensic accounting & fraud Investigation. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing. ISBN: 978-978-56462-6-9
iv. Oyedokun, G. E. (2018). Ethical justification for creative accounting: Fraud & forensic Accountants’ perspectives. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing. ISBN: 978-978-56462-9-2
v. Fowokan, T. E. & Oyedokun, G. E. (2019). International taxation in Nigeria. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing
vi. Oyedokun, G. E. (2019). Imperatives of tax audit & investigation. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing. ISBN: 978-978-56481-2-6
vii. Oyedokun, G. E. (2019). Compendium of writings in Accounting & Taxation. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing.
viii. Oyedokun, G. E. (2019). Business policy, strategy & ethics. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing. ISBN: 978-978-56481-1-9
ix. Oyedokun, G. E. (2019). Research methods for management Scientists. Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing. ISBN: 978-978-56481-3-3
x. Mainoma, M. A. & Oyedokun, G. E (2019). Forensic Accounting Research Developments (Eds). Lagos, Nigeria. Aaron & Hur Publishing
xi. Journal of Forensic Accounting & Fraud Investigation, A publication of Association of Forensic Accounting Researchers (AFAR)
xii. Mainoma, M.A. & Oyedokun, G.E. (2020). Guidance on Due-Diligent War in Nigeria: A Forensic Accounting Approach to Fight against Corruption. Lagos. Nigeria. Association of Forensic Accounting Researcher (AFAR). ISBN: 9789789787326
ixii Oyedokun, G. E. (2020). Fundamentals of forensic accounting & fraud Investigation. 2nd Edition, Lagos, Nigeria. Association Forensic Accounting Researchers (AFAR). ISBN: 978-978-56462-6-9
All books are available at
Association of Forensic Accounting Researchers (AFAR)
10, Abiodun Sobanjo Street, Off Bayo Ajayi Street,
Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos. Nigeria
+2348132445878, +2348095491026, +2348118051923
INSTRUCTIONS AND EXEMPTIONS1. Candidates must be AFAR members in good financial standing before applying for any of the AFAR Certifications;
2. Holders of any of the following Certifications are exempted from taking all Modules except Modules on Forensic Audit, Creative Accounting and Forensic Research:
a. ICAN- CFA/CFAN
a. ANAN- CrFA
b. ACFE- CFE
c. AICPA- CFF
d. CPA- CFF
e. ACFEI- CFR
f. ICFA- CPFA
g. ACAMS- CAMS (Exempted in modules in Certified Forensic Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (CFAMI))
3. All other Candidates apart from those mentioned in “1” above are to take all Compulsory Modules and relevant Elective Modules;
4. Candidates with Accounting background are exempted from the Module on Financial Accounting;
5. Candidates with Information Technology/Computer Studies related background are exempted from the Module on Information and Communication Technology;
6. To be eligible for exemption in any of the Compulsory or Elective Modules, candidates must present evidence to support their claims for assessment before such would be granted;
7. Candidates are to sit and pass their Computer Based Texts(CBT) of 120 questions per module at 75% pass rate before awarded the Certificate;
8. Candidates are at liberty to sit for any of the modules within a certification in no particular order at anytime, but candidate must sit for all modules in that certification within 20 days.
8. AFAR Members may obtain AFAR Forensic Practicing License but must have sat and pass at least two of the seven AFAR Certifications which must include Certified Forensic Accountant (CFAt) with not less than 3 years’ relevant practice experience and on fulfilling other AFAR Forensic Practice License requirements.